Re: [dev] How to use tabbed with surf?

From: Le Tian <tianeast_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2011 14:55:51 +0300

On Tue, Jun 21, 2011 at 2:47 PM, Valentin Plechinger <v.plechinger_AT_gmail.com
> wrote:

> > I use dwm, through dmenu run "tabbed", get a full grey screen with
> "tabbed
> > 0.3" in the left top corner. Then I try "ctrl+shift+enter";
> > "ctrl+alt+enter", nothing happens.
> > Where I can redefine the hotkeys? Maybe its something machine specific.
> > --
> > Tian
>
> Start tabbed with a surf instance instead of empty
> something like this I guess (I don't use it myself)
>
> #!/bin/sh
> tabbed=$(tabbed -d); surf -e $tabbed "$@"
>
> Best Regards

I tried to figure out why mine tabbed didn't work, and it appears that I
have "ctrl+shift" to be reserved for layout change.
I've changed the hotkeys of tabbed to Mod4+shift+enter, like "#define MODKEY
Mod4Mask", but instead of starting surf, after I hit mod4+shift+enter it
runs "xterm".

Thankyou Valentin, your advice worked!

--
Tian