Re: [dev] [wmii] Flash in fullscreen regularly freezes screen

From: Kris Maglione <maglione.k_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 5 Aug 2011 12:35:35 -0400

On Fri, Aug 05, 2011 at 03:24:36PM +0100, Ethan Grammatikidis wrote:
>On Fri, 5 Aug 2011 14:39:23 +0200
>Eckehard Berns <ecki-suckless_AT_ecki.to> wrote:
>
>> I also have encountered freezes with fullscreen flash video playback (I
>> haven't tested something other than youtube). I noticed that I didn't
>> encounter those freezes when using compositing. Thus I simply added a
>> "xcompmgr &" to my .xinitrc. I don't know if it helps with other setups.
>> I thought this problem was kinda unique to my setup.
>
>Thanks for the tip! I just tried it and it's a fine now, on my machine
>with the 945GME. (My other machine doesn't have Linux installed as of
>last night.)
>
>Aint progress wonderful, eh? You'll always need more, just to stay in
>the same place. No wonder nature has forest fires and other disasters.

For what it's worth, I've never had compositing enabled and
still no problem.

%uname -a
Linux kris 2.6.38-bfs #1 SMP PREEMPT Thu Apr 14 22:31:00 EDT 2011 x86_64 AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual-Core Processor TK-55 AuthenticAMD GNU/Linux

--
Kris Maglione
The programmer, like the poet, works only slightly removed from pure