Re: [dev] [dmenu] composite key not working/weird arrow behaviour

From: Swiatoslaw Gal <swiatoslaw.gal_AT_univie.ac.at>
Date: Thu, 1 Dec 2011 01:48:07 +0100

---------- From Connor Lane Smith 06-11-2011 at 13:04 ----------
> Hey,
>
> On 03/11/2011, Swiatoslaw Gal <swiatoslaw.gal_AT_univie.ac.at> wrote:
> > I was careless with my last email. The behaviour of arrows is broken
> > not in dmenu, but in the following patch. The right (forward) arrow stopped
> > working. Any idea how to fix that?
>
> Sorry, you aren't giving us enough information to figure out what's
> wrong. What keyboard layout are you using? Are you using any special
> input methods, etc?

Sorry for being out of the mailing list for a while.

I use the following keyboard layout/input method:
setxkbmap -option compose:rctrl us
I would like to be able to insert composed characters in dmenu.
Some time ago (on 16th of October) Troels Henriksen suggested a patch
that I was trying (lamely, I suppose) to apply to dmenu-4.2.1 (as shipped
by Debian). As result, I can input compose characters, but neither forward
arrow nor End key do not work. My C is too basic to understand what the
patch should do.

So I repeat my original question: can dmenu be made to accept composed
characters?

Sincerely,
s.