Re: [dev] DWM vs XFCE4 Memory Usage

From: Roger <rogerx.oss_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Dec 2011 10:21:55 -0900

> On Mon, Dec 05, 2011 at 06:19:56PM +0100, Christoph Lohmann wrote:
>Greetings.
>
>Roger wrote:
>>
>> Anyways, the man reason for posting was just to note the memory resource
>> difference between DWM and XFCE4. I still prefer DWM over XFCE4 as I can
>> easily manage it using keyboard.
>
>XFCE is infected by the dbus virus. So be careful and use condoms.

I see what you're saying, dbus is already pulled in here by some dumb other
packages. Dumb dependencies I'll never use! (... think hplip pulls it in, as
well as anything written using QT.)

Yes, on Gentoo here, I piped pretend emerge output of all the package
dependencies a package pulls in and saved to my /root, so I can easily
uninstall bloated applications.

--
Roger
http://rogerx.freeshell.org/