[dev] what's your opinion on Go

From: Arian Kuschki <arian.kuschki_AT_googlemail.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2011 02:58:31 +0100

Hi all,

I would like to learn a new programming language. I do not know C. As
I remember positive reactions on this list when Go came out, I would
like to know if people still think it might be a 'better C'. One thing
I like about Go is that is seems more suitable for server/web stuff,
which is where I 'earn my bread' (working in Java and Javascript
mainly, also Python) . But is it also good for building stuff like
dmenu, dwm, cli tools in general etc? Or is C still king here?

Cheers,
Arian