Re: [dev] what's your opinion on Go

From: Anselm R Garbe <garbeam_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2011 13:38:20 +0100

On 13 December 2011 12:27, Connor Lane Smith <cls_AT_lubutu.com> wrote:
> 2011/12/13 Hadrian Węgrzynowski <hadrian_AT_hawski.com>:
>> C is the king and Go is the prince. Go needs to be more stable/mature,
>> then it will be the king.
>
> Maybe I'm biased, but I think the future is all about functional
> programming. C has its benefits by being very very low-level, but if

I've heared that functional programming will take over the world for
the last decade. When talking to some older geeks they've heared this
since the 70s. Now we are in the year 2012 nearly, and functional
programming is still niche.

I would be surprised if this will change significantly during the next
decade. Having said this I would also be surprised if Go becomes a
mainstream language in the next decade...

Recently I was thinking to learn Cobol as this would enable me to buy
a nice house and I wouldn't have to (re)learn a new programming
language every once in a while.

Cheers,
Anselm