Re: [dev] network usage graphs

From: Suraj N. Kurapati <sunaku_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2011 11:37:37 -0800

On Thu 22 Dec 2011 01:58:45 PM PST, hiro wrote:
> I want to display a more complicated network with multiple streams
> of different services, multiple interfaces, multiple clients,
> multiple uplinks.
>
> http://wiki.linuxwall.info/lib/exe/fetch.php/fr:ressources:dossiers:networking:figure9-tcgraph.png
>
> What tools do you know that are able to render such graphics and
> update once per second or so?

Is this for your own personal use or for infrastructure monitoring?

If personal, try conky[1]. If you want a statusbar, try dzen2[2].
You can search the Arch Linux forums for configuration examples.

For infrastructure, try ganglia[3] and rrdtool[4] for graphing.

[1] http://conky.sourceforge.net
[2] https://sites.google.com/site/gotmor/dzen
[3] http://ganglia.sourceforge.net/
[4] http://oss.oetiker.ch/rrdtool/

--
The trouble with computers is that they do what you tell them, not
what you want.