Re: [dev] [dwm] strange behavior with mupdf

From: Uli Armbruster <uli.armbruster_AT_googlemail.com>
Date: Sun, 5 Feb 2012 23:30:03 +0100

* Thomas Dean <78abc_AT_web.de> [02.02.2012 17:20]:
> On Thu, Feb 02, 2012 at 14:45:42 +0100, Uli Armbruster wrote:
> > Means, only after refocusing mupdf, it looks fine. It doesn't depend on
> > this certain pdf file, it happens with all pdf files. It also doesn't
> > depend on the layout I use. Using no layout (floating) it's fine.
>
> I have the exact same problem. This is the only annoyance of dwm for me.

Ok, so this behavior is known. By the way, something similar happens with mplayer from time to time (not always, strangely). It can easily be seen, because then mplayer doesn't have a border.

Is there a hacking magician out there who knows how to fix this?

By the way, just a comparision, monsterwm is based on - among others - dwm and it doesn't show this behavior. So maybe its sourcecode shows the answer. I'll ask the maintainer, if he has an idea.