Re: [dev] [st and terminals] About escape sequences and stuff

From: Guillaume Quintin <coincoin169g_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 11 Feb 2012 02:53:00 +0100

I just read the ``man terminfo" on my linux box.
It is fucking frightening!

_AT_Chris: Not sure whether or not it is good idea
to be compatible with everybody if you want to
change this.

_AT_pancake: In fact, I think this is not much of a
problem because all main terminal emulators
use [1]. For the moment my main question is
not writing to the terminal but reading from it
for key pressed and understand its bindings.

_AT_Kurt: So how do you see a terminal emulator?
Something that can execute postscript or a
subset of it or another stack language? Maybe
simplier than NeWS if you do not need multi
monitor, thread, ...?

[1] http://www.ecma-international.org/publications/standards/Ecma-048.htm