[dev] [st] htop, tmux, terminfo

From: Martin Kopta <martin_AT_kopta.eu>
Date: Sun, 12 Feb 2012 00:59:30 +0100

I have begun to use st and I would like to ask about two things.

I know it has been already discussed here, but I could not find any
final solution. The process viewer htop isn't drawing properly in st
[1]. Current load, cpu, mem, swap and other user processes aren't
visible. xterm shows them fine, using dark grey color. I use default
configuration for st, except font [2], but the drawing problem occurs
even with default configuration. So, the first question:
Is there know solution for st/htop drawing problem?

I have also noticed that when I log into some system via ssh, tmux won't
let me attach my sessions due missing terminfo for st-256color. Well,
for my private servers, I just scp .terminfo directory and problem is
solved. However, I co-manage lots of various company servers and
customer servers and copying .terminfo into each of them is just silly.
Changing TERM to "xterm" forces apps run, but drawing goes mostly
horribly wrong. So, my second question:
How do you deal with st, terminfo of st and ssh to lots of various servers?

Thank you in advance for any helpful answers,
Martin Kopta

[1] http://martin.kopta.eu/trash/st-htop.png
[2] #define FONT "-*-terminus-*-*-*-*-14-*-*-*-*-*-*-u"
     #define BOLDFONT "-*-terminus-bold-*-*-*-14-*-*-*-*-*-*-u"