Re: [dev] [st] htop, tmux, terminfo

From: Martin Kopta <martin_AT_kopta.eu>
Date: Sun, 12 Feb 2012 17:07:37 +0100

On 02/12/2012 12:08 PM, Aurélien Aptel wrote:
> On Sun, Feb 12, 2012 at 9:15 AM, Martin Kopta<martin_AT_kopta.eu> wrote:
>> I hoped for easy solution where I won't have to modify all the hosts I know
>> and all the hosts I will ever meet in the future. Thank you however for your
>> proposed solution.
>
> The easiest solution is to set TERM to "xterm" in your config.h. One
> of the principal goal of st was to have "good" xterm compliance.

When I set TERM to 'xterm' (via shell or in config.h of st) for my st,
various apps like tmux, htop and other go completly crazy and everything
breaks to the point I am glad I am still able to at least kill
everything. I don't know what "compliance" actually means, but I am sure
I don't really want that. Thank you though.