Re: [dev] regarding surf and cookie handling

From: Calvin Morrison <mutantturkey_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2012 13:34:07 -0500

On 21 February 2012 13:22, Christoph Lohmann <20h_AT_r-36.net> wrote:
> Greetings.
>
> Calvin Morrison wrote:
>> I have written my own tabbed browser called sb [1], it has cookie
>> handling built in very simple and the cookie file is a flat file
>> format. This is all done with libsoup.
>>
>> The code required to do this is minimal, and in my code it took 2 lines [2]
>>
>> w.jar = soup_cookie_jar_text_new(g_build_filename(g_get_home_dir(),
>> DEFAULT_COOKIE_FILE, NULL), FALSE);
>> soup_session_add_feature(w.session, SOUP_SESSION_FEATURE(w.jar));
>>
>> When I do this I can use multiple processes to access and write to the
>> cookies. Logging out in one process will logout me from the website in
>> another process using the same site, once I reload the page.
>
> Why didn't you commit a patch to surf instead of writing your
> own?

Because surf is a non-tabbed editor the doesn't seek the same goals as
mine? yeah that's probably why. This browser was a weekend project
which i spent some time hacking on, not a full browser not intended to
be.

> Now there is yet another surf clone with a different hand-
> ling and yet another crappy intendation style.

Thanks for the indentation style input. Luckily I don't have to work
with you so i'm not to bothered. As for a surf clone, when did surf
become the end all of webkit browsers? my browser is /not/ surf and
it's /not/ intended to be. What is your beef?

> And btw., »GPLv3 except stuff under MIT/X from surf« – I don't
> think such culture bolshevism is legal.

Yes the licensing is whatever. I don't really care this isn't intended
for any purpose other than personal use. I will continue to use
improper licensing practices until someone decides to take legal
action against me. I used one or two lines from surf. there is a
comment within the code denoting this.

Please take your time and sue me or whatever you wish.

Can we get a on-topic answer that doesn't spew off-topic rants?

Calvin Morrison