Re: [dev] regarding surf and cookie handling

From: Calvin Morrison <mutantturkey_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2012 12:16:57 -0500

On 22 February 2012 11:50, Peter Hartman <peterjohnhartman_AT_gmail.com> wrote:
> It is pretty silly to write surf, which rides on the Hotspur of
> webkit-gtk, and then not utilize whatever cookie apparatus that
> Hotspur offers.  Of course, if it offers us a really shitty cookie
> apparatus, then what is EVEN MORE silly is to write our own.  Instead,
> we should disable cookies in surf or have a flatfile (as we do now)
> and tell users that surf and by extension webkit-gtk is not your
> grandmother's web browser.

Currently surf does utilize the silly apparatus. So it's shitty and
silly and whatever. I'm looking at making it work not get rid of it
all together. My grandmothers web browser handles cookies well.

"Together with John Giannandrea, Montulli wrote the initial Netscape
cookie specification the same year. Version 0.9beta of Mosaic
Netscape, released on October 13, 1994,[9][10] supported cookies."

Okay so it's not like this is cutting edge technology.

Calvin