Re: [dev] Re: [9base] Failure to link against uClibc: undefined references

From: Paul Onyschuk <blink_AT_bojary.koba.pl>
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2012 10:45:40 +0100

On Sun, 26 Feb 2012 23:24:57 -0500
Matthew Farkas-Dyck wrote:

> Unfortunately, now linkage fails later. Solution might be quite plain;
> I shall try to further diagnose when I have the time.

I didn't drink my coffee yet, so my head isn't straight yet. I tried
to build 9base/plan9port/9vx with uClibc year or two ago (without
success). Those errors looks familiar, but my memory isn't fresh.

AFAIK uClibc doesn't provide getdirentries(), which is used by
lib9/dirread.c. As for error with getdirentries64, just look
at /usr/include/dirent.h:

# define getdirentries getdirentries64

I think I fixed that by providing own version of getdirentries(), but
hit later other issues.

Still it would be nice to fix this once and for all, because plan9port
and 9vx has same issues (I don't think that this got fixed).