Re: [dev] [dwm] systray in upstream dwm?

From: Hannes Blut <blut.hannes_AT_googlemail.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2012 10:21:27 +0200

On 04/05/12 at 05:12pm, KIMURA Masaru wrote:
> > not necessary and should not be added to mainline.
> if you don't mind my asking, explain why?

For every task there are good tools which do not require a tray
(e.g. network manager: netcfg).
I use the xinitrc to display all system information I require.

It is a little hard to argue why you don't need a tray if you don't
understand why it would be useful in the first place.

The only time I ever thought a tray would be nice was when skype
minimized once, but that is more of a design flaw in skype.

--
Hannes Blut