Re: [dev] [dwm] drop the bars (was: systray in upstream dwm?)

From: Lee Fallat <ircsurfer33_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 7 Apr 2012 14:35:07 -0400

> Xft and Systray would be implemented by a separate program and all the
> fruitless discussions about the visual stuff, would come to an end.

This sounds like a wonderful solution, but I can't see how dwm's status bar
can be implemented via something like dzen...Things like the current window
square and windows open squares wouldn't be possible unless you literally
printed a square character. If I can see a way that's easily implementable
though I'd be up for trying to strip dwm's status bar and reworking it so
it'd somehow work with pipes or something.

-lf94