Re: [dev] fix numlock bug

From: Nikolay G. Petrov <raba_AT_dir.bg>
Date: Sun, 15 Apr 2012 15:10:01 +0400

15.04.2012 13:36, Anselm R Garbe написал:
> On 15 April 2012 08:15, Nikolay G. Petrov<raba_AT_dir.bg> wrote:
>> 14.04.2012 19:20, Bjartur Thorlacius написал:
>> Try stepping through updatenumlockmask() and checking the value of
>> unsigned int numlockmask.
>>
>> grep -i numlockmask dwm.c
> First of all, which dwm version are you referring to?
>
> Second, this grepping isn't exactly what Bjartur was suggesting. The
> only relevant place to look for numlockmask is the function
> updatenumlockmask() -- in the inner loop all the modifier keycodes are
> OR'ed in. Check if in your setup this leads to the weird side-effect
> that others can't reproduce.
>
> However, judging based on your grep, makes me think you are not using
> dwm's tip, correct?
>
>> /*#define CLEANMASK(mask) (mask& ~(numlockmask|LockMask))*/
>> #define CLEANMASK(mask) (mask&
>> (ShiftMask|ControlMask|Mod1Mask|Mod2Mask|Mod3Mask|Mod4Mask|Mod5Mask))
>>
>> static void updatenumlockmask(void);
>> static unsigned int numlockmask = 0;
>> updatenumlockmask();
>> unsigned int modifiers[] = { 0, LockMask, numlockmask,
>> numlockmask|LockMask };
>> updatenumlockmask();
>> unsigned int modifiers[] = { 0, LockMask, numlockmask,
>> numlockmask|LockMask };
>> updatenumlockmask(void) {
>> numlockmask = 0;
> Cheers,
> Anselm

dwm version: 5.8.2
OS: ubuntu last desktop (11.04)
Installing:

sudo apt-get build-dep dwm
sudo apt-get source dwm

(in this step I edit source, under my prefer settings)

dpkg-buildpackage
dpkg -i ../dwm*.deb

I'm not very good programmer under "c#" and without help think I don't
resolve the problem.
---
> ...in the inner loop all the modifier keycodes are
> OR'ed in. Check if in your setup this leads to the weird side-effect
> that others can't reproduce.
>
> However, judging based on your grep, makes me think you are not using
> dwm's tip, correct?
sorry, but I cannot translate and understand what do you mean!