Re: [dev] st: improved double-buffering with Xdbe

From: Mihail Zenkov <mihail.zenkov_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2012 07:12:05 -0300

2012/4/25, brandon_AT_invergo.net <brandon_AT_invergo.net>:

> Sorry for the delay. Here's the Xdbe patch for the st Xft branch. Let
> me know if it doesn't work for you!
Thanks! Patch work, but I don't have big speed improve on modern
hardware (4 cores, x86, fglrx). I just run 'time tar -Oxf
linux-3.3.tar.xz', is it correct way to measure terminal speed? In any
case original st slightly faster then mrxvt (Great result!). Patched
st slightly faster then original. Main branch and xft-branch have
approximately same speed.

Not sure about tearing - I don't do test yet.

P.S. Can some one tell why st run slightly slower when I switch to
empty tag in dwm? I suspect some speed improve in this case.