[dev] Introducing SLUT (Suckless Linux Using a Tablet)

From: Peter Hartman <peterjohnhartman_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 9 May 2012 08:02:26 -0400

Hi Folks:

For some time now I've been cobbling together a kind of suckless
ecosystem for use on tablet or hybrid touch devices. I thought I'd
release some of the code to the public, although most of it is
proof-of-concept and cobbled together.

GOAL

Operate without a keyboard.

OVERVIEW

SLUT combines a patched dwm which is gesture aware. A certain
gesture, or clicking on the status text, will launch a patched dmenu
which is mouse aware, allowing you to launch various things you want
to launch, e.g., svkbd, surf, zathura, etc. Gesture mode is toggled
by way of a physical button on the tablet (in this case, the power
button, although the volume buttons would work). Switching between
applications is achieved via dmenu + a patched version of lsw. You
should also modify the apps that you play with to be "gesture" aware,
that is, to respond to Control-F1 through Control-F6 (see dwm's
config.h).

All the best,
Peter

--
sic dicit magister P
University of Toronto / Fordham University