Re: [dev] [ii] exposed password on process monitoring

From: Nico Golde <nico_AT_ngolde.de>
Date: Sat, 16 Jun 2012 17:00:54 +0200

Hi,
* Ivan Kanakarakis <ivan.kanak_AT_gmail.com> [2012-06-13 14:49]:
> On 20 April 2012 03:37, Nico Golde <nico_AT_ngolde.de> wrote:
[...]
> > > I think a nice thing to do that would also resolve the
> > > naming choice would be to have -k or some other argument
> > > mean that ii should read the -k flag as an env var. so
> > > $ ii -k IRCPASS
> > > would getenv("IRCPASS"), and
> > > $ ii -k OFTCPASS
> > > would getenv("OFTCPASS")
> > > etc
> >
> > I agree this is actually also a very nice solution! I will think about
> > that a
> > little before I commit.
> >
> any news on this ?
> do you think any of the propused ideas will reach upstream ?

Thanks for reminding me. ii tip contains a change now so that -k specifies an
environment variable containing the password and not the password directly.

Cheers
Nico
--
Nico Golde - http://www.ngolde.de - nion_AT_jabber.ccc.de - GPG: 0xA0A0AAAA