Re: [dev] [surf] port for gtk3

From: Andy Spencer <andy753421_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2012 02:50:15 +0000

On 2012-06-19 11:41, pancake wrote:
> i've been thinking about that, but after some tries i realized it would
> require more changes than expected, because of the GDK thing.
>
> I'm with creating a fork (surf3?) and start working on that, but first
> someone should get a working branch.
>
> I dont have much time to work on this. But i'm curious about the results.

It just so happens that I broke gtk 2 on my laptop a few months back and
didn't have a working browser, so I got surf running with gtk 3. I
ignored all the gdk stuff by commenting it out, but I think the rest is
reasonable. I've attached the patch for it, it should build with either
gtk2 or gtk3 just by changing the config.mk so I don't think it really
needs a fork.

Maybe I'll look into drawing with gtk3, I think it uses cairo or
something?