Re: [dev] dwm tip changes

From: Bjartur Thorlacius <svartman95_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 24 Jun 2012 16:26:55 +0000

On 6/24/12, Hannes Blut <blut.hannes_AT_googlemail.com> wrote:
> I enjoy letting a video play in the corner using mplayer. I don't like
> to tile the vo of mplayer because that tends to mess up the aspect
> ratio.

You can fix that by making dwm respect size hints. See config.h.

Tiling mplayer vo is actually the coolest feature of dwm, but you do
instead have to live with the possibility of your windows not filling
the screen completely. Render the output of your shells as lines of
variable-width characters instead of fixed-width character grids and
you'll be fine. As an additional benefit, you'll be able to fit more
characters in each line (assuming you use any thin characters). You'll
have to use proper tables (read: tabs) instead of abusing spaces,
though.