Re: [dev] Systems Software Research is Irrelevant

From: Bjartur Thorlacius <svartman95_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Jul 2012 19:37:32 +0200

On Tue, Jul 3, 2012 at 7:27 PM, Kurt H Maier <khm-suckless_AT_intma.in> wrote:
> "As we realize ECMAScript/Web based applications are becoming very
> important and useful, ES operating system has been designed to make
> the Web Apps APIs as the primary operating system interfaces,"

JavaScript is becoming fairly standard for some things. In fact my
current mail client (which I use when on someone's else Windows box),
Gmail, is more usable than mutt - if you've got more than a couple
hundred million bytes of main memory to spare. Err, make that more
than triple hundred million bytes.

Wasteful? Yes. Still got almost half of my main memory free, though.
Computer manufacturers gotta make money somehow. ;)