Re: [dev] a suckless init system?

From: David Tweed <david.tweed_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2012 14:39:43 +0100

Well, yes-and-no. The end user (who in the case of many linux desktops
and laptops is also the sys admin) may not be aware of how things are
structured "under the hood", but they can perceive "laptop X spends a
lot of time doing stuff when I turn it on, while laptop Y is usable
almost instantly". The only reason I mentioned it (I otherwise try and
stay out of "religiously" tinted discussions was that there was
discussion about how to do it but no mention of what the important
"externally visible" (if you don't like "end-user") goals should be.

--
cheers, dave tweed__________________________
high-performance computing and machine vision expert: david.tweed_AT_gmail.com