Re: [dev][st] Issue using dvtm with ?

From: Julien Richefeu <jiceher_AT_free.fr>
Date: Mon, 03 Sep 2012 22:17:19 +0200

Le 03/09/2012 21:48, Martti Kühne a écrit :
> On Mon, Sep 3, 2012 at 9:46 PM, Martti Kühne<mysatyre_AT_gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Mon, Sep 3, 2012 at 9:00 PM, Julien Richefeu<jiceher_AT_free.fr> wrote:
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> I am using both last git release dvtm with st on two different computer
>>> under debian testing up to date.
>>>
>>> On some reason dvtm wotk like a charm on the first computer but have tricky
>>> behavior (bad display with repeted or missing characters while typing,
>>> colors are missing) on the second.
>>>
>>> More, when I use dvtm with another terminal emulator (terminator , xterm,
>>> xfce terminal) on the second computer, dvtm works perfectly.
>>>
>>> I investigate the issue (check for the version, dependencies, ...) without
>>> finding any clues.
>>>
>>> Is someone has on idea on this one?
>>>
>> A couple of questions which you seem not to consider:
>> Do you have different LANG/encoding especially, TERM env or font?
>> Is st's version exactly the same on both or what versions are installed?
>> Does the same difference apply to other terminals eg. xterm?
>>
>> cheers!
>> mar77i
> Taking a minute longer, yes st seems to be a different version.
> What st version exactly is it that is bad?

Hi Martti,

Yes you have right, some explanations are missing:
1/ dvtm work well with another terminal emulator (xterm or xfce
terminal) on the same computer that has issue with st.
2/ on both computer (one that works with st and the other), language,
font and shell configuration are the same.
3/ on both computer dvtm ans st configuration are the same and are the
default one.
4/ the st version installed on both computer is the last git relase
compiled on the computer (I do not try to copy binaries and execute it
on the other computer, I will try it). The version is from commit
beecb162e346c328db2a7ff1c0574352fe0ebebc.

Julien