Re: [dev] [ANNOUNCE] dvtm-0.8

From: Marc Andre Tanner <mat_AT_brain-dump.org>
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2012 12:31:02 +0200

On Wed, Aug 01, 2012 at 03:12:11PM +0200, Kai Hendry wrote:
> Couldn't quite work out how to scroll back in the buffer. To add
> "scrollbackabilty" to st.
>
> http://natalian.org/archives/2012/07/31/dwm+tmux/
>
> I'm thinking dvtm could replace tmux. I'm probably way off the mark.

Regarding easy access to the scroll back buffer I recently implemented
a copymode for dvtm which should simplify this.

Checkout the relevant branch from the git repository or download

 http://repo.or.cz/w/dvtm.git/snapshot/refs/heads/copymode

Then launch dvtm, generate some output, then press MOD+v (i.e. "CTRL+g v"
in the default config) to enter copymode. You should now be able to
navigate with PgUp/PgDown (without special prefixes).
There are also some basic vi-style keybindings (h,j,k,l,^,$,g,G,M)
and a simple search function accessible with "/" supported.
Start a selection with "v", copy with "y" and then paste
with MOD+p. Check out the manual page for a complete reference.

Some further testing would be welcome.

Thanks,
Marc

--