Re: [dev] [st] [sandy] wierd things happens to the font after sandy use

From: Martti Kühne <mysatyre_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 29 Sep 2012 12:33:42 +0200

On Sat, Sep 29, 2012 at 9:26 AM, Christoph Lohmann <20h_AT_r-36.net> wrote:
> If anyone here is more knowledgable in Xft programming and know how to
> get Xft to load a range of fonts and then automatically select a fitting
> glyph for a certain symbol, please let me know.

I'm not sure if that is the problem. As the screenshot implies, the
displayed glyphs become strange after sandy is messing up the terminal
on protocol level. I don't even think there should be inexisting
symbols in the screenshot and just a prompt like before sandy was
launched. I'm not sure whose interpretation is right, but the problem
to me resembles what can happen when you output arbitrary binary data
on a terminal.

cheers!
mar77i