Re: [dev] [surf] [patch] Multiple views, one process

From: Carlos Pita <carlosjosepita_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2012 14:16:58 -0300

> I have mixed feelings about this idea.
>
> On the one hand, I like that new windows are new processes. It makes
> sense, and ensures that unix tools like kill, and I imagine workload
> schedulers, work as expected.

I know. I just think that the memory tradeoff is significant enough to
pay this cost in terms of concept. As I've said before I'm still able
to isolate groups of views opening new surf processes as roots of
these groups. As I see it new views opened from inside (i.e. from url
links, in the lapse of a short-lived exploration session from some
given root) reside in the same process (and usually in the same tabbed
parent window). That's as far as I would go with this.

Regards
--
Carlos