[dev] [announce] Starch Linux: static-linked Arch Linux

From: Strake <strake888_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2012 20:32:10 -0500

Starch is a static-linked, Arch-based, highly experimental Linux
distro. I thought that some folks here may care to try it.

Packages: http://strake.zanity.net:1104/starch/pkg/(core, extra)
Build Scripts: http://strake.zanity.net:1104/starch/ports.git

To install, one can just use the stock Arch image and point pacman to
the Starch repo.

So far, the base system works and is bootable, on my qemu VM at least.
Binaries are linked against uClibc or musl; I hope to use musl alone
in near future.
It can't yet build itself, but has a toolchain available, taken from
sabotage, which links against musl.

Packages are built for amd64. I may add legacy x86_32 packages if
someone builds them, and I mean to add loongson packages when I get
one.

Short-term goals:
* Switch to musl
* Build self as host