Re: [dev] [suckless] Migration to git

From: Anselm R Garbe <garbeam_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2012 19:51:59 +0100

Hi there,

I discussed with 20h on IRC. I agreed with him to investigate all
necessary steps for such a switch and to bring everything in place.
Then we can estimate and dry-run if this is any worth.

This decision is just because of the fact that 20h is the most active
contributor -- and that the contributions is what counts in the end.
So the VCS preference should be based on what the contributors want.
As said earlier I don't think that git is the best fit for small
projects (indeed a suckless VCS would be better ;)), but I'm
open-minded and have no strong opinion on this, as I'm using git on a
regular basis anyways.

Once sta.li development is back to normal, it would be awkward to use
different VCS'ses -- so at least for consistency reasons it makes
sense then.

But first of all, there are other important things todo.

Best regards,
Anselm