Re: [dev] [st] Shift Tab does not work

From: Roberto E. Vargas Caballero <k0ga_AT_shike2.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2012 12:15:31 +0100

> Looking in the repository I can see that the commit 16ccf (Fix tab key)
> inserted this code, and I have tested that is such commit it was working, so
> we have a regression. I am going try now a bisection and try locate which
> commit broken this key.

The bisect indicates that the commit whichs performs the regression is 2b652
(Optimizing the key lookup to the X11 function key), Which does that if the
event is smaller than 0xFF00, then the lookup is not performed, but how we
can see in keysymdef.h:

        #define XK_ISO_Left_Tab 0xfe20

So the solution is modify the line 2731 of st.c (if((k & 0xFFFF) < 0xFF00)).

I will send a patch soon for this issue.