Re: [dev] [dwm] How to place window automatically?

From: Martti Kühne <mysatyre_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2012 00:30:28 +0100

On Sun, Dec 16, 2012 at 8:43 PM, Hugues Moretto-Viry
<hugues.moretto_AT_gmail.com> wrote:
> 2012/12/16 Christoph Lohmann <20h_AT_r-36.net>
>>
>> If you have the control over the size of the first window, then just
>> calculate the fixed position of the second one and run it there.
>>

>> Sincerely,
>>
>> Christoph Lohmann
>>

> I tried this with the urxvt -geometry 80x23+200+0 but it doesn't work. I'm
> using a patch which center floating windows. I think it inhibits urxvt
> window management.
> I'm a bit stuck...

Personally I set up a little script in my home directory which starts
a second instance of st with a different window title, for which I
match in the "title" column in dwm's config.h.

Further down the road to what may actually help you, since your
center-floating patch may keep interfering you could improve it or
consider devilspie.

cheers!
mar77i