Re: [dev] [surf-5.0] internal download manager

From: v4hn <me_AT_v4hn.de>
Date: Sat, 2 Feb 2013 13:39:35 +0100

On Sat, Feb 02, 2013 at 09:34:11AM +0100, Christoph Lohmann wrote:
> I don’t like your download manager because other tools can do it in a
> better and more UNIX way.

Totally agreed.
I only ported it to current surf and made it look a bit less stupid.
Doesn't mean that I want to use it. :)
/* On the other hand surf is based on webkit, which does not only render
web pages but also walks your dog. Just because you don't use all "features"
of the engine doesn't mean it's not in working memory for example.
Not sure I would call _that_ "a more UNIX way". */
There was enough discussion about that manager when someone wrote it
initially.

> But anways, do you have an example URI for where the »Not authorized«
> bug appears?

Jochen's patch "fixes" this issue.
Sorry, but you can't test it for my example as this is my universities
students platform and you would need a login(obviously).

As I just saw, you provided a curl-patch that works. Thank you!

v4hn