Re: [dev] [st] Delete key not working outside of curses

From: Nick <suckless-dev_AT_njw.me.uk>
Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2013 12:16:40 +0000

On Wed, Feb 06, 2013 at 12:57:09PM +0100, Martti Kühne wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 6, 2013 at 12:44 PM, Nick <suckless-dev_AT_njw.me.uk> wrote:
> > Next thing with st that I found. The delete key doesn't work, unless
> > I'm in a curses application (mutt & vim at least work fine). But at
> > the command prompt (bash) it doesn't do anything. Backspace works
> > fine.
> >
> > Let me know if I can provide more useful information.
> >

> no. please. stop it. [0], [1], [2], [3], [4], [5], [6], of which [2],
> [4], and [6] are only loosely related, but close enough.

Apologies Martti, I was away from the mailing list at the time of
these messages, and didn't search as I should have done. I also
should have read the FAQ...

The suggested command 'echo $(tput smkx) >/dev/tty' works fine.
However, setting enable-keypad in .inputrc has strange results. It
doesn't make a difference to the delete key functionality, but does
result in the 'k' key not being recognised... Also it wasn't clear
from the FAQ whether I should put 'enable-keypad On' or
'enable-keypad Off' into .inputrc; as it turned out both had the
above behaviour for me.

So can anybody provide suggestions to get the .inputrc solution to
work?

Thanks, and apologies again for not searching for a solution first.

Nick