[dev] D-Bus in the kernel

From: Alex Pilon <alp_AT_alexpilon.ca>
Date: Sat, 9 Feb 2013 00:58:34 -0500

Apologies in advance to Plan9 and plumb users if this topic has been
done to death.

"Greg Kroa-Hartman writes about plans to get D-Bus functionality into
the kernel" and more.

        http://lwn.net/Articles/537017/rss

Anybody else almost have an aneurysm due to the wording? Seriously, the
idea of multicast point-to-point messaging in-kernel doesn't sound bad
to me but this and a libdbus-like interface just stinks, or anything in
bed with GObject crap for that matter. What are your thoughts on the
general concept? If it's more than just very simple multicasting, of
course I woudn't advocate that in kernel space.

Regards,

Alex Pilon