Re: [dev] [surf] Remove the indicator?

From: Christoph Lohmann <20h_AT_r-36.net>
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2013 06:39:57 +0100

Greetings.

On Tue, 12 Feb 2013 06:39:57 +0100 Carlos Torres <vlaadbrain_AT_gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 11, 2013 at 6:47 PM, Jens Nyberg <jens.nyberg_AT_gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Oppinions? Agree? Disagree?
>
> i think this is a good idea mostly because it makes the location of
> status information more compact. as an alternative to the
> downloading, couldn't the cursor change?
>
> http://sprunge.us/ZYOD
>
> the patch above adds the famous watch cursor, it doesn't however
> replace the progress bar.

Looking at the patch already gives me nightmares of the past when I was
using this Windows stuff where the changing of this cursor indicated
that some amateur programmer did something really wrong and with a
chance of 70% the window will halt and in some seconds a window will ap‐
pear telling you that the application stopped responding.

But yes, there are already indicators you need for using surf more effi‐
ciently only in the title. I will remove the progressbar and add the in‐
formation only to the title. The recommendation is then to use tabbed
with surf or something that can display the title.

Sincerely,

Christoph Lohmann