[dev] [st] Limit refresh rate

From: Mihail Zenkov <mihail.zenkov_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2013 21:36:49 +0000

This patch limit refresh rate by new (more efficient) way. Patch
separate refresh in tree case:
1. app send something to terminal
2. we have XEvent
3. post XEvent

In first case we can limit refresh to quite low rate (in patch 5 fps)
to prevent useless overflow when app send to many text (progress in
mc, compilation, ...).

In second case we want have low latency (interactivity): when we press
some key we want to see result. I limit this case to 30 fps.

In third case we still want fast refresh for near time to see full
output from app.

Certainly, you can easy customize refresh rate as you wish.

I also check and tune this patch with profiler. With limit 30fps I
have two time lower cpu consumption (by each - st and xorg). With 5
fps it very low and I can't accurately measure it.