Re: [dev] screen/tmux

From: Marc Andre Tanner <mat_AT_brain-dump.org>
Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2013 22:45:52 +0100

Hi Ross,

On Fri, Feb 15, 2013 at 06:11:56PM -0500, Ross Mohn wrote:
> dvtm+dtach works great with st. If you don't mind bash, I've
> attached my script 'tm' that wraps it all up neatly. Just run 'tm'
> with a session name of your choice and you can detach (C+\), share,
> keep multiple active sessions, etc. I also have it configured in the
> config.h file to auto switch colors if I su to root, login to a
> production box, etc.
>
> I recommend compiling your own dtach from it's development tip. Very
> stable right now. Also, in vt.c vt_forkpty(), I changed TERM to use
> screen instead of rxvt; that fixed some emulation problems for me.
>
> - setenv("TERM", COLORS >= 256 ? "rxvt-256color" : "rxvt", 1);
> + setenv("TERM", COLORS >= 256 ? "screen-256color" : "screen", 1);

Latest dvtm git HEAD ships its own terminfo file and the one used can
be set via an environment variable, therefore

  DVTM_TERM=screen dvtm

would have the same effect as your patch. The proper way to fix the
emulation bugs would of course be to isolate the cause and then modify
dvtm.info accordingly. However it works resonably well for the
applications I happen to use regularly, so feel free to send patches...

Marc

--
 Marc Andre Tanner >< http://www.brain-dump.org/ >< GPG key: CF7D56C0