Re: [dev] surf 0.6 issues

From: Christoph Lohmann <20h_AT_r-36.net>
Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2013 16:32:12 +0100

Greetings.

On Sun, 17 Feb 2013 16:32:12 +0100 Donald Allen <donaldcallen_AT_gmail.com> wrote:
> 1. Attempting to play youtube videos frequently results in youtube
> reporting that "This video is currently unavailable." after briefly
> displaying the spinning icon usually seen when downloading. The same
> videos play properly in firefox. And no, I have not disabled plugins.
> I simply ran 'surf www.youtube.com'.

That’s when Youtube gives you an HTML5 video. I still have not found out
which callbacks webkit needs for this. It’s already linking in gstreamer
and all kind of video libraries, so I think it should do it on its own.
If anyone knows how to easily turn this on, send me a patch.

> 2. I am still seeing issues in gmail. For example, after clicking an
> unread message (bold) in the message summary and reading it, when I
> return to the summary, the bold indication on the message is still
> present. I also see complaints from gmail in the left pane that it has
> lost connectivity and is trying to restore it. This happens
> intermittently. This is on a machine with a wired connection to the
> network. I don't see this symptom in firefox on the same machine.

You need to compare to chromium to see if it is a bug in surf or not.
Webkit is a beast and surely undebuggable. Have you tried checking out
the webkit repository? I need a whole new SSD harddrive for this.

Thanks for reporting the bugs.

Sincerely,

Christoph Lohmann