Re: [dev] Makefile/markdown based static site generator

From: Kai Hendry <hendry_AT_iki.fi>
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2013 13:27:58 +0800

On 21 February 2013 13:20, Sam Watkins <sam_AT_nipl.net> wrote:
> Why not make it the same as the main heading?

You mean the first h1? That's not always the case.

> or use the first line of the markdown?

Sometimes we use HTML

> or use the file name / folder name (for index), somehow filtered?

I thought of using the filename, e.g. foo/bar/cat.mdwn ->
foo/bar/index.html with the page title cat. However that limits one
markdown per dir. That's not so bad, but expressing that as a Makefile
is really hard. So hard I gave up.

Perl isn't suckless ;) https://twitter.com/kaihendry/status/303309891425165312

> YMMV as to whether making lots of little tools you might never use again
> sucks more or less than one somewhat opaque invocation of grep!

I'll stick with grep, but I was wondering which variant of regexp I
should be using. One that sucks less. ;)