Re: [dev] [st] "del" button not working in alpine

From: Roberto E. Vargas Caballero <k0ga_AT_shike2.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2013 09:54:20 +0100

On Sun, Feb 24, 2013 at 08:35:06AM +0100, Andreas Marschall wrote:
> hello,
>
> since I use alpine as mail cleint I noticed that when I hit the
> "del" button while writing a mail to delete the text that's ahead it
> doesn't work in st giving me an [ Unknown Command: ]. Doing the same
> in urxvt works just fine.

You can read how alpine deals with the terminal in
'http://http://www.washington.edu/alpine/tech-notes/low-level.html#terminal'.
You can see that alpine doesn't use terminfo for anything. It only hopes that
your terminal be a vt100 compatible terminal, but this is very funny because
vt100 hasn't Delete key. You should read the st FAQ and this mail:

- http://lists.suckless.org/dev/1212/13848.html