Re: [dev] [st] pictures flickers in w3m-img

From: Edgaras <devoas_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Apr 2013 11:26:14 +0300

On Tue, Apr 09, 2013 at 08:23:27AM +0200, Thuban wrote:
> Hello,
> Even if it's not really a bug, I noticed that pictures flicker when I
> use w3m-img with st.
> The picture is visible only when I move the cursor. I suppose it is
> related to draw , so if someone wants to work on this I report this
> behaviour here.
>
> Have a nice day
>
> --
> ,--. Xavier Cartron
> : /` ) M2 MEFPC
> | `-' Debian user
> \_ jabber : thuban_AT_jabber.fr

Some time ago I was looking into this since I wanted to use st with w3m, what I found out is that this is mostly w3m-imgs settings (unless you managed to patch it), it check for specific terminal, afaik it supports only linux, xterm, and <something>fbterm, nothing else. So for example it does not show images on "fbterm". For a little bit I tried looking ant w3m and w3m-img source, but it seemed a bit scary to me. Also simply setting different TERM var does not seem to make it work, so presumably it is checking some more stuff. But I dont know much about workings of terminals so I can't say anything more.