Re: [dev] Call for pkgsrc users

From: pancake <pancake_AT_youterm.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2013 19:23:00 +0200

I 2006 or so i did a linux distro based on pkgsrc based on debian.
(named bluewall)

I contributed a lot of packages to the repo, but probably for the lack
of interest and the lack of contributors i stopped contributing to it.

after moving to archlinux for a while, now i'm a happy void user.

I dont think there are much ways to install pkgsrc on a system, just
bootstrap and cvs co the pkg repo. also .. there's probably still the
pkgsrc-wip repo which many non-netbsd-developers uploaded their packages.

have to say that compiling in linux with pkgsrc was at the time two
times slower than building in netbsd. never tried again after 7 years..