Re: [dev] [st] windows port?

From: Christoph Lohmann <20h_AT_r-36.net>
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2013 19:22:22 +0200

Greetings.

On Thu, 11 Apr 2013 19:22:22 +0200 Nick <suckless-dev_AT_njw.me.uk> wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 11, 2013 at 12:45:48PM -0400, Jacob Todd wrote:
>
> The tone of this list gets quite hard to handle sometimes, and seems
> to have been going more in this direction lately.

No, that’s due to the people entering this list. The loud ones seem to
be the generation of blinded Windows and Gnome developers. The reaction
to such people will always be the same, when they have no profound rea‐
son for their opinion and only speak for their uninformed minds.

> I know the prevailing sentiment here is that people should be
> treated with the respect their comments deserve, which is fair
> enough, but comments like this are massive overkill and really turn
> me away from the community. Which sucks, as I like what we're
> working towards here.

There is no reason to start sentiment for the people this project worked
against all the time. This will only kill our principles. Do you really
want st to have a Go backend SDK for web development, just because it’s
hip and the node.js backend looks better when I’m drunk? <Censored sex‐
ist joke. Sorry, you guys didn’t fight enough against censorship of the
Internet. Your bad.>

Sincerely,

Christoph Lohmann