Re: [dev] st: Large pile of code

From: Alexander Sedov <alex0player_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2013 10:56:54 +0400

There's no such thing as "doing it wrong", there are people who know
how to use macros and people who do not. As suckless aims advanced
users, I think we can safely assume that most people here know how to
use them, and won't blow their leg off with it.
Linux kernel can enjoy luxury of being compileable with one specific
compiler (heck, there are specific CONFIG_ options just for gcc), but
I'm afraid st cannot.
Also, you are naming macros in lowercase, which is really bad, because
macros are STILL not functions, and swap can STILL blow your leg off
if, for example, contains index expression with side effect. Thus you
should not make them look like functions, never.
As for the swap: it is used once in the whole code. You introduced
typeof for that and broken "declare all variables in function header"
convention. Ain't broken, don't fix.