Re: [dev] st: Large pile of code

From: Kent Overstreet <kent.overstreet_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2013 00:06:51 -0700

On Wed, Apr 24, 2013 at 11:59 PM, Alexander Sedov <alex0player_AT_gmail.com> wrote:
> 2013/4/25 Kent Overstreet <kent.overstreet_AT_gmail.com>:
>> So, to restate - code should be harder to understand to keep people
>> from contributing?
> Code should look compact to keep people from adding bloat. Multiple
> files by themselves add nothing to understanding, other than need to
> constantly switch contexts when one file's function is called from
> other file's.

The split wasn't arbitrary, look at how many non static functions
there are in term.c.

The terminal emulation code has nothing to do with how it's rendered;
term.c could conceivably be used for something like tmux (and reducing
the number of vt100 emulator implementations out there would be a good
thing!).

And dividing the code into logically unrelated parts makes it easier
to understand and figure out what various code is trying to do.

Anyways, either you value readability and understandability or you
don't. If you don't... I'm not going to cry if my code doesn't get
merged in, it won't bother me in the slightest, and you can keep doing
things how you see fit.

*shrug*