Re: [dev] System shell for sta.li

From: Gregor Best <gbe_AT_ring0.de>
Date: Sat, 27 Apr 2013 21:18:48 +0200

On Sat, Apr 27, 2013 at 09:04:07PM +0200, Anselm R Garbe wrote:
> [...]
> Can you elaborate on this functionality a bit that mksh provides, but
> pdksh doesn't?
> [...]

The only thing I could think of is that mksh allows compressing
duplicate history entries into one, such that e.g. the following

        $ foo
        $ foo
        $ bar

would result in a history file that contains `foo` only once, while with
pdksh, `foo` would be contained twice.

Other than that, I haven't yet found a difference, but then again I
didn't use mksh that long before switching from Linux to OpenBSD.

--
    Gregor Best