Re: [dev] surf-0.6-searchengine

From: Markus Teich <markus.teich_AT_stusta.mhn.de>
Date: Wed, 07 Aug 2013 01:35:17 +0200

Am 2013-08-07 00:04, schrieb Ari Malinen:
>> The way I always get around this search vs. URI schema dilemma for
>> URLs in
>> my DNS search domain is by appending a slash to the end, which at
>> least makes
>> Chromium behave as expected.
>
> I added detection of url if there is slash at the end of line.

You are just making the heuristic more complicated.
Personally I like the dictionary approach, where i just put the key
followed by
a space in front of the search string and the browser opens the
respective
search engine. Everything that does not start with a search engine
keyword
followed by a space is interpreted as an url.
I can live with the only(?) drawback, that i have to input two more
characters
per search on my most used search engine.

--Markus