Re: [dev][dwm][patch] dwm toggleignore patch

From: Nikolay Vasylchyshyn <vasylchyshynni_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2013 19:00:20 +0300

About remembering window state. There is and indicator. It is shown
under the floating/fixed indicator. It's not so useful, because it is
seen (or hidden) only for focused window. The idea with custom border
color is much superior, because you can see all ignored windows at
once.

> I object. This "new" feature is already nearly there.

> If you have two active windows, in which you are working,
> just zoom them to the top of the client stack. Then you
> can easily switch between them with MODKEY+j and MODKEY+k.

Recently I have changed my habit of using dwm. I have switched from
tiled layout to floating.
And zoom doesn't work with floating windows nor floating layout. Zoom
works great. But...
I like to have some terminal windows to show different info I'm
interested in right now.
And when I use zoom, windows switch their positions and I have to
adapt to new windows layout. Which means
to remember new positions. So, I have to look on the terminal window
and understand again which command it is running.

Sorry for my english. Maybe it is not so clear as I would like it to be.