Re: [dev] Some thoughts about XML

From: Dmitrij D. Czarkoff <czarkoff_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 19 Oct 2013 18:03:53 +0200

Szymon Olewniczak said:
>> s/HTML/XML+XSLT/g is quite a revolution.
> But it's something whitch I can use in my application straight away
> without forcing user to change their web browsers.

You aren't really about replacing HTML with XML+XSLT; you are about
*generating* HTML with XML+XSLT, are you?

> It's about whole "modern web" stack and ways we can make it better,
> without a huge revolution.

We can't.

1. We have nothing to do with its development.
2. It only gets worse over time.
3. It is {,mis,ab}used on such scale that it can't be sanitized.

You can't have a sane tool for doing everything.

--
Dmitrij D. Czarkoff